How Semantic Optimisation helped this Private University 12x its sales to $240k/ MONTH.
Caleb Sim, CEO, GENIA
We all want more leads and sales in our business.
More sales don’t just mean more money. It means less stress and increased happiness.
It means more control in your business and life, more freedom in every decision.
Life sucks if you don’t know where your next sale is coming from, or worse, where your next lead is coming from.
You cannot think about scaling because you’re stuck in survival mode.
You cannot focus on providing quality service because you’re worried about sales.
Auston was in that place.
After studying SEO on their own, engaging marketing agencies and burning thousands of dollars trying to crack the lead code, they had 6 people, SIX, contacting them through their website for their engineering degrees monthly.
That’s about one lead every five days.
As bad as it sounds, it’s still better than many of you guys, with not even a single lead coming from your website.
Auston’s big problem
Auston is competing in a space that is extremely, extremely competitive.
Their products are expensive – $20k degree programmes.
Degree programmes are a huge commitment for any buyer – 16 months course
– Twice Weekly
This is the toughest thing under the sun to sell.
If selling mission impossible isn’t difficult enough, they’re fighting against public and private universities with massive budgets to splurge on all forms of marketing, including SEO.
Even though they offer a better education than their competitors, they were not growing as they should.
Beating the competition
Knowing the giants that we’re up against, we had to be very strategic and choose the right battles.
There’s no point in going for keywords that we have no realistic chance of getting on the first page.
Using our proprietary Semantic Gap Analysis, we identified keywords where the competition was lacking in either their content or their backlinks.
Based on the data gathered from the analysis, we produced better content than what was available to Google and acquired links that search engines trusted.
Reaping the rewards
https://auston.edu.sg became the domain that Google trusted, the domain that Google displays when people search for anything related to engineering degrees.
916 monthly users became 1150, 6 leads became 36, a 6x increase, all in just four months.
The story doesn’t end there.
1150 monthly users became 2300, and 36 leads became 72, which is a 12x increase from when we started. All these happened in just 9 months
According to Michael, the owner of the school, they convert 1 out of 6 leads, or 12 out of the 72 leads they receive monthly.
12 x $20,000 = $240,000.
That’s $240,000 in monthly sales from their website.
Auston may have 99 problems but traffic, leads and sales aren’t one of them.
If you’re tired of wondering where the next sale is coming from and are ready to scale your business, book a call here: https://calendly.com/calebsimm/growth-strategy
For many small business owners, getting started on social media can be a little daunting, especially when you are boot-strapped or face lack of manpower and time. However, it does not have to cost very much to grow your business on social media such as LinkedIn.
Here are 15 ways on how small businesses can grow their connections organically on LinkedIn.
- Define your purpose.
Identify at which stage of your marketing funnel you want your business to focus on and set goals to reach them. Is it to build awareness of your business, garner more engagement or convert people to transact with you? Knowing your business goal will help you work on a strategic social media strategy that will produce successful outcomes at every stage of the funnel.
- Build a LinkedIn business page.
According to Forbes, only 57% of companies have business pages. The remaining 43% are missing out on a free opportunity to generate leads, talent, and, ultimately, revenue. A business page allows you to post content, advertise your solutions and how it can alleviate your target audience’s pain points. While building your own LinkedIn personal page is important, a business page allows you to focus on providing value-added information that your customers can relate to.
Fill up the form to receive your free keyword ideas
Upcoming FREE SEO Masterclass
26 May, Tues: 2pm-5pm